Get Email UpdatesSign up below to receive free Trusted Identities Group blog updates.
- Mic Drop — Announcing the New Special Publication 800-63 Suite!
- REGISTER NOW – Privacy Risk Assessment: Prerequisite for Privacy Risk Management Workshop
- A minor plot twist: Comment period extended for PART of SP 800-63-3
- Closing time! You don’t have to go home … but you can still comment on draft SP 800-63-3
- Build Trust and Verify: New funding opportunity to assess our state pilots!
Tag Archives: biometrics
More than a year in the making, after a large, cross-industry effort, we are proud to announce that the new Special Publication (SP) 800-63 IS. NOW. FINAL. With your help, Electronic Authentication Guidelines has evolved into Digital Identity Guidelines—a suite of documents covering digital identity from initial risk assessment to deployment of federated identity solutions. Check it out now at https://pages.nist.gov/800-63! Continue reading
Back in January, NIST’s Applied Cybersecurity Division hosted the “Applying Measurement Science in the Identity Ecosystem” workshop. Among the knotty issues under consideration, 220+ participants discussed the concept of measuring the strength of authentication. Continue reading
We’re thrilled to announce that on January 12-13, 2016, the NSTIC National Program Office, with our colleagues here in NIST’s Information Technology Lab, will hold a technical workshop called ‘Applying Measurement Science in the Identity Ecosystem.’ Participants will collaborate about ways to measure and compare the performance of key solutions in the Identity Ecosystem, specifically:
◾Strength of identity proofing, both remote and in-person;
◾Strength of authentication with a focus on biometrics; and
◾Attribute confidence to assist in effective authorization decision making. Continue reading