Get Email UpdatesSign up below to receive free Trusted Identities Group blog updates.
- Closing time! You don’t have to go home … but you can still comment on draft SP 800-63-3
- Build Trust and Verify: New funding opportunity to assess our state pilots!
- From public preview to public draft: SP 800-63 is open for comment!
- Making Privacy Concrete (Three Words Not Usually Found Together)
- 2016 Year in Review: (TIG-ing stock of) Innovation in the Identity Ecosystem
Tag Archives: biometrics
Back in January, NIST’s Applied Cybersecurity Division hosted the “Applying Measurement Science in the Identity Ecosystem” workshop. Among the knotty issues under consideration, 220+ participants discussed the concept of measuring the strength of authentication. Continue reading
We’re thrilled to announce that on January 12-13, 2016, the NSTIC National Program Office, with our colleagues here in NIST’s Information Technology Lab, will hold a technical workshop called ‘Applying Measurement Science in the Identity Ecosystem.’ Participants will collaborate about ways to measure and compare the performance of key solutions in the Identity Ecosystem, specifically:
◾Strength of identity proofing, both remote and in-person;
◾Strength of authentication with a focus on biometrics; and
◾Attribute confidence to assist in effective authorization decision making. Continue reading